6138 Student Union Boulevard
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 2A1
*** Cosplay is welcomed and encouraged but NOT mandatory.***
Single for Valentine’s Day? That doesn’t mean you have to spend it alone! Come out to our event to meet some new people and see AMAZING cosplays!
Not single? Bring your sweetheart along for the ride! 😉
Snacks and refreshments will be served to those who purchase tickets. Tickets can be purchased starting January 25th at our weekly showings, or at the door.
Early Bird Special (until February 8th)
Members: $5 **Membership Group Deal: 5 Tickets for $20**
Non-Members: $6 **Group Deal: 5 Tickets for $24**
– Early bird tickets can only be purchased at our weekly showings (see the events calendar at www.ubcani.com for more information about weekly showings)
At the Door
Mark your calendars; this is one event you don’t want to miss!
Coat check will be provided free of charge to ticket holders.
Guest DJ: ClockWorkGoods
Schedule and Event Descriptions:
>>> 6:00 – 7:15 ~ Snack & Mingle <<<
Enjoy some light refreshments while meeting fellow anime and cosplay fans.
>>> 7:15 – 7:50 ~ Cosplay Contest <<<
* Format: Strut your stuff in front of the audience and our panel of judges. Strike a signature pose for your character and briefly tell us about who you’re cosplaying as and some things about your costume (e.g. hand-made or bought?)
* Prizes: One Audience’s Choice Winner, and One Judges’ Choice Winner
>>> 7:50 – 8:00 ~ Random Ticket Raffle Draw <<<
Make sure you keep your ticket stub in order to have a chance to win cool prizes!
>>> 8:00 – 9:00 ~ Speed-Meeting & KING’S GAME <<<
TWO awesome activities will be taking place at the same time!
If you are single and looking to meet more friends (or find that special someone!), join our speed-meet group! You will have the opportunity to meet both guys and girls and converse with them for a maximum of 3 minutes per person (exact time will vary depending on how many participants there are).
If you’re not into speed-meeting, then head over to the King’s Game circle! The game works like this: everyone in the circle draws a number, but one person will randomly receive the king symbol. This person, the “King”, will give orders to the others in the circle without knowing any of their numbers (e.g. King says “Number 13, do 10 jumping jacks!”). The others must obey the King.*
* To encourage good sportsmanship, we ask players to please refrain from making unreasonable orders such as sexual favors or actions that can possibly harm anyone physically or emotionally.
>>> 9:00 – 11:00 ~ Dance <<<
Ate too many Valentine’s chocolates? Burn that extra energy away dancing to a variety of anime and dance tunes!
– As with any public cosplay event, the rules against indecent exposure apply. Your costume must cover all of the parts of your body that should be covered in public.
– Props should be safe to yourself and those around you. Do not bring sharp items or gun props that can shoot anything.
– Do not swing swords or other large props; careless horseplay can be very dangerous to the people around you.
– The school prohibits alcohol at unlicensed events so please do not bring drinks.